Saturday 5 November 2011

Voice of a Girl

When the earth came to existence and so did Adam and Eve, my voice came to existence as well but not so brief. As years passed by and so did the equality and here we face today’s reality. 
There was a time in between when the world was not so mean. I was respected as that of a man, but today no one gives a damn.
The moment I try to raise they pull me down, back in the dreams of equality I am forced to drown. For the world, the voice of a man is so serious and mine, just a clown.
They say that the voice of a man is always strong and mine carries the image so wrong. I look around but never find anything more than a physical bound.
I am always present but there is no identity, wonder when would I find it? May be till the eternity?
Give me some space for I too have a face, following me might also be easy to trace, for you and me were blessed with equal grace.
Please listen to me, I may also be right, for the few who listened to me, had their future so bright, hug me with love and hold me tight, before it’s too late and I blow away with the tide.

© Manisha Dawar

1 comment:

  1. Don't blow away with the tide... :) See so many people are listening you.

    ReplyDelete