Friday 29 July 2011

I am your OLD MOTHER

I am your old mother, but have joy of a child, because I am coming to meet you ‘my world, Oh my Dear!!’ I know you have been busy all the time, setting your career, managing your home. I am glad you remember me, at least now when you would have your own child. I don’t mind, you couldn’t come to pick me up- because you are assured that the business class ticket would take care of me…
I remember the days when I taught you to walk, as a gratitude to it, you have given me a walking stick, for I know it’s not easy for you to leave your work, My daughter-in-law would be busy in work as well. I am glad she would find out time to teach your child how to walk, as did I, leaving everything behind.
I wish your dad was alive, for it was his wish that we fly in the dark blue skies in the starry nights. Holding hand in hand, having a glance-recalling our new marriage romance.. As I get scared when the air craft increases its thrust and about to take-off, I look for a hand to rest my fear, but I just have  an arm rest ohh my dear !! The young lady comes to me when she sees me uncomfortable as the aircraft bumps..in fractions of second my heart beat jumps..She asks me’Am I travelling alone, Do I need her help?’ to which I look into her bright eyes filled with care. I think in my mind ‘I look alone, but no my child how do I dare when your memories are there.’  ; The memories which would soon be a part of your life.
I would take that extra mile as always, to comfort you, For I am still your OLD MOTHER and you are my YOUNG CHILD

© Manisha Dawar

No comments:

Post a Comment