Friday 29 July 2011

The city that never sleeps

When I look out of my window around twenty thousand feet’s below, I can see the sea I can recall my child hood days the fun i used to have at sea shore..the long never ending sea..the horizon..the beautiful colors of sunset and rise.. and a land that follows it...,

This is the first time i had a view or shall I say an overview of this city..a city that is so fast that you forget where did the race begin from..who is leading whom and where? I had the same view of the city as others had..a dreamland..a place where u can fulfill your dreams..

I step in and i feel..whats missing here..they are people around, buildings..tall buildings..some are house..some are officies..I say house and not a home because I can still feel something missing..when I come back here after few months I realise..we meet people..we talk..but we dont interact..we walk together but not hand in hand...we stay together but we dont complement each other we rather compete..y is it so.???

I could never find out..now after three years when I get a chance to roam around the whole mumbai..or should I say finally got to see mumbai i realise..all that was missing still stands somewhere together..and u know what is that which still keeps it going ?..its the SEA..yes its the Sea..which listens quitely..to whatever u say..every emotion that u live..ever game that u play.. it looks beautiful, It seems this huge body can actually take the sun down..ohh..see..sea has the sun in it..the sun is going down..is it drowning..what is it..y does it look so beautiful..the anger ball sets in the calm looking sea..coz from far u dont know how much pain has it taken..but remember it never keeps anything inside...

It cries at the unfortunate events..but we never realise..how can we???
..It just has salty water..which keeps on adding..and then when he feels helpless..he shouts..he rises wondering if he could wash away the evil...

This city has seen alot since many years..all the tears merge down and drain together and add to this huge water body..this is why life never stops here..because people here dont want to get drained in emotions..they feel the pain but dont express..they are tired of runing but they dont stress..coz they want to work..work hard..and move on..and on..so that they can fulfill their dreams..and of the ones they have left behind..they want to go back..but no one can win the race moving backward and this is why they are trapped..in a race that never ends..u would meet strangers here but can never be friends..because every one is chasing their own dreams ......in the CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS BUT YET DREAMS.. :)

© Manisha Dawar

No comments:

Post a Comment